Social Channels: House Rules
We share Health and Social Care (HSC) news and messages using the following social channels:
This statement describes the types of content that we will remove from our social channels and the grounds on which we will ban access and use of our channels.
Users should also make themselves aware of each social media channel’s own terms and conditions.
We reserve the right to remove comments, without notification, including those
- are irrelevant or off-topic ie not related to the HSC;
- bully, harass or intimidate any individual or organisation;
- are unlawful, libellous, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene,
profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive;
- disclose any information about a specific patient and therefore violate the
Data Protection Act;
- infringe or violate someone else’s rights;
- break the law;
- discuss ongoing legal proceedings;
- are spam;
- advertise products or services;
- are disruptive;
- are repetitive;
We will also remove or ban any user who:
- continues to post comments such as those listed above,
- uses offensive images as their profile picture,
- has an offensive user name.
These lists are not exhaustive and will be updated as necessary.
Our social channels are not monitored 24/7 (including evenings, weekends and public holidays).