Community pharmacy Covid-19 vaccination service
Many community pharmacies offer both primary doses (also known as first or second doses) and booster doses of Covid-19 vaccines.
Autumn 2022 booster dose of Covid-19 vaccine
The majority of community pharmacies are able to provide the Moderna Spikevax COVID-19 booster to those who are eligible.
These include those aged 18 years and over in the following groups:
- Residents and staff of RQIA registered Care Homes
- Frontline Health & Social Care Workers (HSCWs)
- Individuals aged 50 years and above
- Pregnant women
- Individuals who are immunosuppressed
- Individuals who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 18 years to 49 years in a clinical at-risk group
Please see niDirect for more information on eligible groups.
You must have completed your primary COVID-19 vaccination course (for most people, this is 2 doses) before getting the booster vaccination. A minimum period of 12 weeks is required since any previous booster dose.
Primary doses of Covid-19 vaccine
For those eligible individuals (18 years and over) seeking primary dose vaccinations, this can be arranged at participating community pharmacies.
Where to find a pharmacy
You can find pharmacies that are offering the Spikevax Moderna COVID-19 vaccine on this interactive map:
MODERNA – COVID-19 Vaccine Service for NI (hscni.net)