Regional Communications Support Service Programme
The Regional Communication Support Service (RCSS) Programme refers to the programme of work to deliver improved communication support measures for people who are:
- Deafblind, and
- Hard of Hearing.
Information about how the Programme is progressing is available on this website.
The Programme comprises a range of services and work streams, including but not limited to:
- A new Regional Face to Face Sign Language Interpreting Service
- A Remote Sign Language Interpreting Service (delivered by an external supplier – currently SignVideo)
- Deafblind Interpreting, Speech to Text, and Electronic Note Taking (currently delivered by external suppliers via a separate government contract that HSC Staff and Practitioners can access).
- Service user involvement.
- Sign Language Interpreter workforce development.