Stroke Network Structure & Working Groups
The Stroke Network has been strengthened through the appointment of a support team which has focused on performance monitoring the improvement of services against national standards:
- Clinical Lead – Brid Farrell (Ivan Wiggam Interim Lead)
- Stroke Network lead – Fiona Quigg
- Programme Manager – Jenny Taylor
- Project Support – Maria Creaney
The Objective of the Network is to:
- Implement an action plan, focused on improving the quality of stroke services in Northern Ireland in line with DoH policy
- Support the commissioners in determining resource requirements.
- Ensure participation in the Stroke Sentinel National Audit Programme (SSNAP)
- Ensure continuous audit of services against national standards.
- Recommend quality improvement initiatives.
- Collaborative working with key stakeholders